How To Become An HR Generalist?
To begin with, HR Generalists are HR professionals who perform various responsibilities and handle all the functions related to an employee. In addition, they act as liaisons between workers, managers, and executives in measuring employee engagement.
Roles & Responsibilities of an HR Generalist:
An HR Generalist is responsible for administering compensation and benefit plans along with helping in talent acquisition and recruitment processes. In addition, they also help in onboarding employees and organizing training & development initiatives. These professionals also support employees in managing various HR-related activities like leaves and compensation. They also help in promoting HR programs and creating an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
Moreover, they develop and implement various human resource policies along with undertaking tasks around performance management. These professionals generally focus on processing various employee payments and benefits along with leading training programs for their organization. They work towards building an excellent company culture and employee performance. Furthermore, they are required to organize meetings, recruit new employees, and process documents for regulatory or legal requirements. To further know about it, one can visit HR Generalist Training in Noida. Apart from these, given below are some of the roles & responsibilities of an HR Generalist.
- Gathering and analyzing data with useful HR metrics
- Organizing quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
- Managing employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
- Help in organizing various team building activities
- Managing compliance with labor regulations.
- Enhancing job satisfaction by solving problems
Necessary Skills for Becoming a Good HR Generalist:
Above all, a Good HR Generalist needs to have excellent communication skills for conveying information to employees. Their job requires them to talk with HR managers, co-workers, and various other company employees daily. So, having good communication skills is necessary for them so that they can communicate effectively. In addition, they should have decision-making capabilities along with an excellent track record of success in multiple operations within the human resource function. These professionals should be capable of solving disputes between co-workers without involving their managers. Moreover, they need to be very literate in computer skills as they will have to use computers and digital technologies to perform their day-to-day job duties.
Furthermore, creativity is a necessary aspect for an HR Generalist as they need to use a creative mind to come up with different types of fun team-building activities. Above all, they should also have appropriate technical knowledge about HR-related issues and legal issues to serve their organization and employees. Apart from these, given below are some of the necessary skills to start a career as an HR generalist.
- Proven and good training experience as an HR Generalist.
- Should be capable of understanding general human resources policies and procedures.
- Need to have good knowledge of employment/labor laws.
- Should have knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems.
- Require excellent communication and people skills
- Need to be efficient in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach
- BSc/BA in Business administration or relevant field is a plus
How Can You Become an HR Generalist?
HR Generalist is a promising career opportunity and it pays a good payroll based on job profile, skills, location, experience, and qualifications. In addition, it opens doors to various other related job roles such as HR specialist, HR manager, HR assistant, Training & development manager, and many more. Given below are a few steps that will help you in achieving your goal of becoming an HR Generalist.
- Pursue a bachelor’s degree in human resources- This course helps in learning various essential topics, such as human resources management, employment law, and accounting principles.
- Enroll in an institution- There are many HR Generalist Training Institute in Delhi and one can enroll in them to learn necessary technical and functional skills for starting a career in it.
- Earn certifications in human resources- Earning certifications will act as proof of your skills and will help in boosting your overall confidence. Some common certifications are PHR and SPHR.
- Join an internship- It will help you in improving your skills and gaining some HR work experience. Moreover, it will provide you with an understanding of general human resources procedures and policies.
- Advance your career in human resources- To boost your career n this field, you can pursue a master’s degree in human resources management.